DSE provides a wide variety of engineering and coordination services necessary to complete your project.
Subdivision and development plans often involve coordination between many entities such as various parish offices, developers and contractors. DSE has the experience to coordinate this effort by submitting necessary permits and fielding questions from the various entities.
Drainage Design for commercial developments. This includes the site grading plan, subsurface drain lines, rainfall runoff, and detention calculations.
Site Design for commercial developments. This includes plans for building and parking arrangements. Paving plans are prepared for concrete or asphalt pavement.
Sewer plans: Some developments do not currently have public sewer. Plans can be prepared for construction of gravity or pressure sewer lines that will tie the site to the nearest public sewer system.
DSE provides land surveying and civil engineering services necessary to transform vacant land into developed lots. These services will include:
- Boundary Survey of the property
- Topographic Survey as required for preparation of the plans.
- Resubdivision plan necessary for submittal to the local governing authority.
- Preparation of necessary ordinances and applications.
- Preparation of the Civil Engineering plans for construction of roadways, drainage facilities, sewer lines, water mains, street lighting, and roadway signage.
- Coordination of approval of the engineering plans.
- Coordination of permit applications for Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals and Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development.
- Preparation of bid documents.
- Survey control layout for construction of the improvements.
- Periodic site visits during construction as required to assess the progress of the work.
- Preparation of record drawings.
- Establishment of survey control points in the completed subdivision.
DSE is highly qualified to execute professional surveying services on a variety of projects and applications
“No Work” Affidavit
A “No Work” Affidavit is provided prior to the start of construction. It is intended to state that work has not started, and that materials have not been delivered to the site.
A Builder’s Package will provide several of the services needed for construction of a new home or commercial building. Typical services could include:
- a Boundary Survey
- a construction benchmark
- an elevation of the top of forms
- a revised survey to show form location
- a Slab Elevation Certificate after pouring of the concrete slab
- a Finished Construction Elevation Certificate
ALTA Surveys will be provided in accordance with the requirements of ALTA/ACSM. Optional items will be provided as indicated in the survey request.
A Boundary Survey will be provided in accordance with the Louisiana Standards for Property Boundary Surveys. The survey will include monumentation of the property corners and location of the existing structures on the property.
Construction staking of buildings, roadways, utilities, pilings, etc.
Elevations for flood insurance will be furnished on the current FEMA Elevation Certificate.
In addition to a Boundary Survey, a “Topo” Survey could include location of all visible features on the property, ground elevations at a specified grid, information on adjacent roadways, and information on utilities serving the property.